Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dancing Naked

Recently I have discovered that life's storms aren't as detrimental as I had originally believed. As a matter of fact I have found just the opposite to be true. The past few months have consisted of one storm after another, each one tougher and seemingly stronger than it's predecessor.  Some storms so strong they seemed to strip me of all my strength and identity, leaving me standing exposed, virtually naked. Throughout these squall lines, despite the darkness and fear, I learned a priceless lesson. I learned... how to dance.

I have the perfect partner so when the typhoons began to  gust we just held one another tightly and allowed the wind to take the lead. The trees would dance along with us as the sound of rain became an orchestra. The lightning strikes conducted them all, while the rolling thunder kept time.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sunny days, the one's where everything is going right, but I have observed that I float mindlessly through those times. I take those I love for granted...I forget to hold them tight...I forget to appreciate each moment....I forget... how to dance.

It's in the sunshine that we often lose sight of what's important--sometimes it takes a storm to open our eyes to what's really important, and drive us into the arms of those we love!

These past few months have taught me many things:

  •  I have learned to stand firm... unwavering!
  • To hold tightly to the important things and loose everything else! 
  •  To love like there's no tomorrow! 
  • Most of all--I learned to dance! 


I'm grateful for the sunny days...and thankful for the rain!!

So when the winds begin to blow....find your partner.... and put on your dancin' shoes because a storm's-a-comin'

Just Bb  

No comments:

Post a Comment