Thursday, August 30, 2012

How DARE YOU!!!

The other day I walked into a restaurant and right in front of me were "church people" These weren't just any "church people" this couple had been extremely close to me. As I walked in they immediately put their heads down and began to stuff their mouths with chips and salsa, pretending they didn't see me.  They acted as if I were a leper, or the invisible man...insignificant...non-existant...or just plain un-important. I suppose they have forgotten all the times I was there when their lives were falling apart...their marriage was in shambles...they were on the verge of going back to prison etc. etc. etc. Or they just forgot that I have a heart....

Just to give a little history, these two were closer to me than anyone.  I gave them my very best and  loved them with everything I had....I still do. I saved one of them from prison and met the other while ministering in the County Jail (she was an inmate awaiting house arrest). I saw the good...despite the obvious... and I poured my life into them. I mentored them and built them up in ministry, placing each of them in leadership. Doing everything possible to help them transform their lives.

 I had spent the better part of 8 years of my life in the proverbial  ditch becoming a Samaritan of sorts; loving and helping those (which included this couple) that no one else would even give the time of day. I spent countless hours interceding and intervening for junkies and drug dealers! Climbing into the mess that they called life and giving them the tools to build new successful lives.

I worked tirelessly raising money to build a successful recovery ministry which includes a recovery center that houses 10 women, in a City that had no place for them. I did all this for the amazingly low price of $101.53 a week...yes that was my salary! I obviously didn't do this because the money was good--I did this because I LOVE...plain and simple. My payday came each time I saw a drug addict build a beautiful life from what was once rubble.

I took care of people...but there was no one to take care of me--My husband was completely inattentive; we were married for 8 years, but were nothing more than roommates for the past 6. Ministry was KILLING ME so I LEFT--I left the church...yes...I fell in love with a woman...yes...these are things that I'm not ashamed of!

This apparently was the unpardonable sin--THE BIG ONE!!!

Who knows...All I know is that I am happy, and I LOVE the one I'm with...which is more than I can say for some.

I will never understand how you can just STOP loving someone, because...well because of anything. Love is LOVE and it has never been temporary, or until you make a mistake, or until I no longer agree with you, or because you pissed me off with your status on Facebook....NO LOVE IS FOREVER and LOVE is UNCONDITIONAL.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with my life--I don't agree with religion, but I LOVE YOU ANYWAY!

How dare you treat me like I'm less than you...let's not forget where you were when I reached down to pick you up!!!

Just Bb






4 comments:

  1. I love you, babe! And to me you are better than the people that act like that. They are not showing a Christian attitude at all. Like you said, they forget you have a heart and you have feelings. So what if people don't agree with your lifestyle - it is YOURS!! And you know that you have people that DO love you unconditionally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Brandiilyne! Come down and visit us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too Donna Lee! I miss you guys terribly I need to come see y'all it would do me good!!

      Delete
  3. Hi. I am Kayleah Hutchins-Madison of Loves Park,IL. It's located in the ROCKFORD AREA, roughly 60 miles west of Chicago. Anyway, here's what i wanted to chat with you about...I am an open tg and a proud member of Spring Creek United Church of Christ, which for the past 5 years has been an ONA affiliate (Open & Affirming). It basically means they welcome everyone, including the LGBT community here. The weekend before last, I actually attended church fully dressed (look at one of my recent blogs for proof!).

    ReplyDelete