Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sharing your faith

"Two are better than one, because they have good return for their work: if one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Ecc 4:8-9 NIV


When you hear the term "sharing your faith" you immediately think about witnessing to the lost; sharing the Gospel. We as Christians are called to share our faith, in the words of Jesus Christ Himself... "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." (Mark 16:15) I know without a doubt that "sharing your faith" is telling the world about Jesus, and I also know that not only am I called to "share my faith" with unbelievers but sometimes my brothers and sisters in Christ need some of my faith too.

I often get phone calls from believers who are going through a trial and their faith has dwindled down to LESS than a mustard seed; so gladly I sow in them some of mine. I speak the Word to them and pray with them, and give them some of my very own faith because theirs is nowhere to be found.

I realized that sharing my faith extended to more that just the lost when I found myself needing. It's so easy to give your faith to others in the middle of their crisis, and so hard to find your own in the middle of yours. Sometimes I can't even find my voice to speak to the mountain before me until I hear a Word of encouragement from behind! I'm so grateful to be surrounded by people of strong faith.

I will continue to share my faith with unbelievers and believers alike. If I sow faith...that shall I also reap.

Pastor Brandiilyne

No comments:

Post a Comment