Thursday, July 21, 2011

Compared to what?

The thief comes only in order to steal kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10 AMP


Today I shouted, "Life is just so hard!!" and I heard the Lord whisper to my spirit, "Compared to what?" A humbling response to my emotional outburst, and a thought provoking question. As I pondered this I realized that, no matter how difficult, life is a precious gift that doesn't last forever. I also know that ALL things, whether easy or hard, work for my good.

So what was I comparing life to?...Maybe for a brief moment I was comparing mine to someone else's and foolishly thinking their's was easier than mine...or maybe, I was comparing it to the fantasy lives that the media tries to feed us as reality...or maybe I was just frustrated and said what I was feeling without putting much thought into it.

Regardless of the reason, I'm grateful for the response.

Pastor Brandiilyne

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from the forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a Lamb without blemish or defect-- 1 Peter 1:18-19



No comments:

Post a Comment