Friday, October 7, 2011

Zac....

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.--John 14:1-3

Hope...those verses give me hope; something to look forward to. I know that one day I will walk into my loved ones mansions and visit. I can just imagine the conversations we'll have, me, "Oh how beautiful your place is!" them, "Yes! Jesus designed it just for me!"

Today Oct. 7, 2011 I can't help but think about one loved one in particular, Zac Ainsworth. Four years ago he passed away and our lives were forever changed. That day shook me and changed the course of my life. I remember asking WHY?! and wondering "was there something more I could have done.." It was a turning point in my life.

That day I decided that I was going to give my entire life to reach the hurting...no matter what the cost. I couldn't bear to lose another! That day as I watched 26 people give their lives to Christ at Zac's funeral I knew that Zac gave his life to save his brothers and sisters. I know Zac was in heaven rejoicing with angels! He would do it all over again, even if his death only saved one!

Today as we get ready to open the doors of the Z.A.C Project (Zeal And Compassion for Women) I can't help but wonder just how many crowns Zac will lay at the feet of Jesus. There is 10 women, who are waiting for the doors to open...their lives will be forever changed. Zac's death brought life on the day of his funeral, and it continues to save lives! The number of lives saved through the Z.A.C project is innumerable...I can't wait to see Zac smiling and hear the number that his sacrifice saved!

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.--John 15:13

I love you Zac--I miss you terrible, but I thank you for becoming a lighthouse in a world of darkness!!

Pastor Brandiilyne

No comments:

Post a Comment