Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Undivided--Without Distractions

I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord. 1 Cor 7:35 NIV


All I want is for you to be able to develop a way of life in which you can spend plenty of time together with the Master without a lot of distractions. The Message


Today I was running to grab lunch for the volunteers who are working on the ZAC Project; but first I had to stop and cash my check. As I was waiting to get my money my cell phone rang (it was one of the volunteers) and I began talking...I heard the teller say "thank you" and I mindlessly said "thank you" and drove away. 


I fought lunch hour traffic and pulled up to the drive-thru and frantically asked myself, "Oh my goodness!!! Did I get my money?!!!" So I'm looking desperately for the little white envelope...and to my HORROR what do I see....The tube container with the little white envelope still locked away inside! OH DEAR!!! I've stolen the bank thingie!!! My face immediately turned red and I started laughing at myself...


I quickly returned to the bank, rehearsing what I will say when I drive up...(My First Lady suggested dark glasses and a hat) I pull up and all the Tellers point and just die out laughing....The humiliation of it all!!! She came across the speaker and said, "do you have something that belongs to us?" I smiled and said, "please tell me this happens all the time!" They all laughed and said, "THANK YOU we needed to laugh today...I hung my head and sighed, "Glad I could help!" 


I drove away laughing--and I really began to think about how absent minded and distracted I really have become...I felt the Holy Spirit whisper to me, "Do you notice Me?" "Do you really see or are you running through life?" I realized, I'm divided and distracted--I'm so busy that probably more often than not I walk past Jesus Christ in need--


I began to pray, "God help me! I make myself so busy sometimes that I'm not even paying attention" "Help me to slow down" "Help me to see....


You know we are called to reach the world, but if we're running through life we can't even see the people. It's a little crazy, but just last week the DAILYQUOtE that I sent out was "If the devil can't make you bad his next trick is to make you busy"...I guess I was in too big of a hurry to really hear that---


Pastor Brandiilyne 

No comments:

Post a Comment