Monday, July 25, 2011

Desperately Searching

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.-Psalm 63:1 NIV


When you were a child did you ever bury things and draw a "treasure map" so that you search for a hidden treasure? Well I did, it was a very detailed map, I always drew the trees and any other object that could help me find my way to this priceless treasure! In my childish imagination, I had created a great adventure complete with pirates and other enemies who wanted my treasure almost as much as I. 


I remember studying the map, then I would discuss it with my invisible friend. My friend always gave me good advise and he warned me of impending danger that was lurking in the shadows. I remember spending hours a day, searching, and fighting the enemies; with one goal on my little mind-TREASURE! 


This adventure was exciting, and intriguing! There were times that I would sit very still and quiet so that I could be hidden from my enemies. There were times that I had to stand up and with my deadly imaginary sword to face the pirates who were trying to steal everything that I had gained!! Then, finally I made it!! i found what belonged to me, the treasure that was hidden deep within the wilderness...AT LAST it was mine!!


Now I'm all grown up, but somehow I feel as if I'm on the same adventure--I am chasing after a Treasure that is hidden deep within a wilderness... I am desperate to get my hands on this Treasure, and as I go my Helper (Holy Spirit) is guiding me...He warns me of dangers, and gives me strength in my moments of weakness. When things get really crazy I run and take refuge in a quiet and still place.


 I am studying my Map and listening to my Friend as He shows me the Way. This adventure is exhilarating, and at times exhausting! BUT I'm DESPERATE to find it!!


The deeper I go into this desert/wilderness the more desperate I become, I feel as if my life depends on finding My Treasure! I will stand and fight any enemy who tries to stand in my way! I feel like a child again, this Priceless Treasure intrigues me and nothing is going to stop me from getting there! I have within me a childlike excitement that is indescribable-The journey is breathtaking & exhilarating-THE DISCOVERY-- EUPHORIC!!! 


Just Bb


People brought babies to Jesus, hoping he might touch them. When the disciples saw it, they shooed them off. Jesus called them back. "Let these children alone. Don't get between them and me. These children are the kingdom's pride and joy. Mark this: Unless you accept God's kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in." Luke 18:15-17 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment