Friday, August 17, 2012

Hate Your Own Sin


After making some pretty significant changes in my life I was talking with a family member about it and she said, "You know I don't approve of your life, but I love you no matter what you do."
This has not been the response I was accustomed to; most of the people in my life disapproved and immediately turned their backs on me... The fact of the matter is, I'm not asking anyone to "approve" of my life...it's MY life and I'm the one that has to live it and I'm the one who has answer to God for it. Your approval, or lack there of, will not change me, nor does it inspire me to conform to your opinion. 

Accepting me doesn't mean that you have to approve of my life...I guarantee you, that if I take a close look at your life I will find MANY things that I disapprove of, but that doesn't make me disown or reject you... Rejection has NEVER been a part of God's plan or a part of Jesus' character. The ONLY thing Jesus rejected was religion, and well.... Rejecting someone because they don't live up to your HIGH standards is...YEP you guessed it---RELIGION

Rejecting someone because you disapprove of their life is a fruitless act of hate. It's not up to me or you to "punish" a person for the choices they make or the lives that they live... God will take care of that; it is my job to love people, and to take care of my own "sin". When we focus on the "wrong" in someone else's lives it becomes impossible to see our own.


 I believe that Mark Lowry nailed it--I wish everyone else would catch on...Isn't this what Christianity is supposed to be?

I love people...the good, the bad and, yes, even the ugly, this does not mean that I approve of their lives or their choices...it means that I accept them and love them regardless.

JUST A THOUGHT:
The serenity prayer says:
God grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the things I cannot change
the courage to change the things I can
and the WISDOM to know the difference

Think, just for a moment, how difficult it is for you to change your own life....
Now what makes you think you can change mine? (or anyone else's for that matter)

Just Bb
My life change!!! #loveofmylife




No comments:

Post a Comment